Tomato Soup & Bacon Grilled Cheese Casserole is an easy lunch or dinner recipe the whole family will love.
This easy casserole is loaded with shredded cheddar cheese, real bacon bits and condensed tomato soup, all sandwiched between two layers of bread.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this grilled cheese casserole, I started by spreading margarine on six slices of bread.
Then I cut the bread slices in half and placed them in a single layer, margarine side down, in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Then I poured some shredded cheddar cheese, real bacon bits, condensed tomato soup, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl.
I stirred all of the ingredients together really well.
Then I spread the cheese mixture over the bread in the baking dish.
I spread margarine on six more slices of bread, cut them in half, and placed them margarine side up on top of the cheese layer.
Then I placed the dish in the oven and cooked it until the top slices of bread were starting to brown.
Serve this casserole right away so that it will be oozing with melted cheese.
Try this Tomato Soup & Bacon Grilled Cheese Casserole if you are looking for a fun and easy meal idea.
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Take approximately half of the butter or margarine and spread it on six of the slices of bread.
- Cut the slices of bread in half and place them in a single layer, margarine side down, in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place the shredded cheese, tomato soup, bacon bits, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the bread slices in the baking dish.
- Spread the remaining six slices of bread with butter or margarine and then cut them in half.
- Place the pieces of bread on top of the cheese mixture, margarine side up.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook until the top slices of bread are starting to brown. 26-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 643
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.