Bacon Cheese Dog Crescent Braid is an easy weeknight dinner recipe.
This crescent bake is stuffed with wieners, bacon and cheese then topped with chili to make it a hearty comfort food dish.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this dish I started by unrolling a sheet of Pillsbury crescent dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Then I cut strips down each side about one third of the way in and approximately an inch apart.
I placed some shredded cheddar cheese down the center of the crescent dough.
Then I topped the cheese with some diced wieners and real bacon bits.
I sprinkled more cheddar cheese over the diced wieners.
Then I pulled the strips of dough from the sides over the filling, overlapping them in the center.
I placed the baking sheet in the oven and baked the crescent braid until the dough was golden brown all across the top.
While the crescent braid was baking I heated some some canned chili.
Once the cheese dog crescent braid was ready I sliced it and poured some hot chili over each piece right before serving.
This dish is a fun twist on the classic chili cheese dog.
Be sure to try this Bacon Cheese Dog Crescent Braid the next time you are in need of a fun new dinner idea.
- 8 oz pkg Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 wieners, diced
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 15 oz canned chili
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent dough onto the parchment paper. Cut strips down each side about one third of the way in and approximately an inch apart.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar down the center of the crescent dough.
- Place the diced wieners on top of the cheese and then sprinkle the bacon bits over the wieners.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded cheddar on top.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the cheese.
- Pull the strips of dough from the sides over the filling overlapping them where the meet in the middle.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the crescent dough is golden brown all across the top. 18- 20 minutes.
- While the crescent braid is cooking heat up the chili in the microwave or on the stove top.
- When the crescent braid is done cooking, slice it and pour some chili over each piece immediately before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 806
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.