Bacon Egg Pasta Salad is a delicious cold side dish recipe.
This pasta salad loaded with real bacon bits and hard boiled eggs is perfect for potlucks and BBQs.
To make this pasta salad I started by placing some eggs in pot of cold water.
I placed the pot with the eggs on a burner on high heat and brought the water to a boil.
Once the water was boiling I turned off the heat and covered the pot.
I left the eggs in the covered pot for twelve minutes to finish cooking.
While the eggs were cooking I brought a large pot of water to a boil and cooked some macaroni.
Once the macaroni was cooked I drained it and ran it under cold water in the sink to cool it down.
After the eggs had been in the covered pot for twelve minutes I removed them from the pot using a slotted spoon and transferred them to a bowl of cold water to cool off.
While the eggs were cooling off I dumped the macaroni into a large mixing bowl along with some real bacon bits, chopped green onions, mayo and seasonings.
I stirred it all together really well.
Then I removed the eggs from the cold water and peeled the shells off before chopping up the eggs.
I added the chopped up eggs to the macaroni mixture and stirred it all up.
Then I poured the pasta salad into a serving dish.
This Bacon Egg Pasta Salad is the perfect spring or summer side dish.
If you are looking for more side dish recipes check out Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Cheesy Ritz Cracker Corn and Sweet Chili Bacon Pasta Salad.
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Bacon Egg Pasta Salad
Bacon Egg Pasta Salad is a delicious cold side dish recipe. This pasta salad loaded with real bacon bits and hard boiled eggs is perfect for potlucks and BBQs.
- 6 eggs, large
- 3 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dehydrated minced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and fill it with cold water approximately an inch higher than the top of the eggs.
- Put the pan on a burner and turn the heat to high. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- While you are waiting for the egg water to boil, bring a large pot of water to a boil for your macaroni and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Once the egg water comes to a rolling boil turn off the heat and cover the pot. Leave the eggs in the pot for 12 minutes to finish cooking.
- When the macaroni is cooked drain it and run it under cold water to cool it off.
- Once the eggs have been in the covered pot for twelve minutes, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a bowl of cold water to cool off.
- While the eggs are cooling off, pour the already cooled down macaroni in to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bacon bits, chopped green onions, mayo, garlic powder, minced onion, salt and pepper to the macaroni and stir well.
- Peel the shells from the hard boiled eggs and then chop up the eggs.
- Add the chopped up eggs to the macaroni salad and stir it again.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.