Bacon Egg Pasta Salad is a delicious cold side dish recipe.
This pasta salad loaded with real bacon bits and hard boiled eggs is perfect for potlucks and BBQs.
To make this pasta salad I started by placing some eggs in pot of cold water.
I placed the pot with the eggs on a burner on high heat and brought the water to a boil.
Once the water was boiling I turned off the heat and covered the pot.
I left the eggs in the covered pot for twelve minutes to finish cooking.
While the eggs were cooking I brought a large pot of water to a boil and cooked some macaroni.
Once the macaroni was cooked I drained it and ran it under cold water in the sink to cool it down.
After the eggs had been in the covered pot for twelve minutes I removed them from the pot using a slotted spoon and transferred them to a bowl of cold water to cool off.
While the eggs were cooling off I dumped the macaroni into a large mixing bowl along with some real bacon bits, chopped green onions, mayo and seasonings.
I stirred it all together really well.
Then I removed the eggs from the cold water and peeled the shells off before chopping up the eggs.
I added the chopped up eggs to the macaroni mixture and stirred it all up.
Then I poured the pasta salad into a serving dish.
This Bacon Egg Pasta Salad is the perfect spring or summer side dish.
- 6 eggs, large
- 3 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dehydrated minced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and fill it with cold water approximately an inch higher than the top of the eggs.
- Put the pan on a burner and turn the heat to high. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- While you are waiting for the egg water to boil, bring a large pot of water to a boil for your macaroni and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Once the egg water comes to a rolling boil turn off the heat and cover the pot. Leave the eggs in the pot for 12 minutes to finish cooking.
- When the macaroni is cooked drain it and run it under cold water to cool it off.
- Once the eggs have been in the covered pot for twelve minutes, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a bowl of cold water to cool off.
- While the eggs are cooling off, pour the already cooled down macaroni in to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bacon bits, chopped green onions, mayo, garlic powder, minced onion, salt and pepper to the macaroni and stir well.
- Peel the shells from the hard boiled eggs and then chop up the eggs.
- Add the chopped up eggs to the macaroni salad and stir it again.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.