BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes are a delicious ground beef dinner loaded with crumbled bacon, BBQ sauce, salsa con queso and cheddar cheese.
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes are an easy but hearty dinner recipe perfect for weeknights.
These extra cheesy sloppy joes are made with salsa con queso cheese sauce and loaded with a shredded double cheddar cheese blend.
This homemade sloppy joe recipe takes less than thirty minutes from start to finish and produces four large sandwiches.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these cheeseburger sloppy joes, I started by dumping some lean ground beef into a large saute pan over medium-high heat, along with a dab of margarine.
I added some diced onions to the pan with the ground beef as it was cooking.
I stirred the onions in with the ground beef and crumbled the meat well.
When the ground beef was fully cooked, I reduced the heat to low and drained the excess grease from the pan.
Then I added some crumbled bacon to the pan with the ground beef.
I stirred well and left the mixture to continue cooking for a couple minutes.
Then I added some Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce, salsa con queso, salt, pepper and onion powder to the pan.
I stirred until all of the meat was coated in sauce.
Then I left the mixture to continue cooking over low heat while I toasted the buns.
I lay four large hamburger buns in a single layer on a baking sheet.
I placed the baking sheet in the oven at 400F and toasted the buns for five minutes.
Once the buns were done toasting, I added some shredded double cheddar cheese to the pan with the meat mixture.
I stirred until the cheese was melted.
Then I spooned the mixture onto the bottom buns.
I sprinkled some French’s fried onions on top of the meat.
Then I put on the top buns.
These extra cheesy BBQ sloppy joes are sure to please the whole family.
If you are looking for an easy ground beef dinner recipe, then you need to try these BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes!
More Sloppy Joe Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Tostitos salsa con queso
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 3 cups shredded double cheddar cheese blend
- 1 cup French's fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400F for toasting the buns.
- Dump ground beef into a large saute pan over medium-high heat, along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Add the diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it's cooking.
- Crumble the ground beef well.
- When the ground beef is fully cooked, reduce the heat to low and drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Add the bacon bits to the pan and stir well.
- Leave the mixture to continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the BBQ sauce, salsa con queso, salt, pepper and onion powder to the pan.
- Stir well.
- Leave the mixture to continue cooking over low heat while you toast the buns.
- Lay the buns in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and toast the buns for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the pan from the oven.
- Remove the pan with the sloppy joe mixture from the heat.
- Add the shredded cheese to the pan.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Spoon the sloppy joe mixture onto the bottom buns.
- Sprinkle the French's fried onions on top of the sloppy joe mixture.
- Put on the top buns.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.