Honey BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joes are an easy weeknight dinner recipe using ground chicken, tossed in honey and BBQ sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese and dill pickles.
Honey BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joes are a fun twist on the classic sloppy joe.
These ground chicken sloppy joes are a tasty dinner recipe the whole family will love.
This sloppy joe recipe takes less than thirty minutes from start to finish and produces four large sandwiches.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these sloppy joes, I started by cooking some ground chicken in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
I added some diced onions to the pan with the ground chicken as it was cooking.
I crumbled the ground chicken well.
When the ground chicken was completely cooked, I added some Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce and liquid honey to the pan.
I stirred until all of the meat was coated in sauce and then left the mixture to continue cooking for a few minutes.
After three minutes I reduced the heat to low.
Then I lay some large hamburger buns in a single layer on a baking sheet.
I toasted the buns in the oven.
Then I spooned the ground chicken mixture onto the bottom buns.
I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the meat.
Then I placed some sliced dill pickles on top of the cheese.
These bbq chicken sandwiches are packed with flavour.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious recipe using ground chicken, then you need to try these Honey BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joes!
More Delicious Sloppy Joe Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb extra lean ground chicken
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 dill pickle sandwich slices
- Preheat oven to 400F for toasting the buns.
- Dump the ground chicken into a large saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Add the diced onions to the pan with the ground chicken as it's cooking.
- Crumble the ground chicken well.
- Once the ground chicken is completely cooked, add the BBQ sauce and honey to the pan.
- Stir until all of the meat is coated in sauce, and then leave the mixture to continue cooking over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, stir well and reduce the heat to low.
- Lay the hamburger buns in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and toast the buns for 5 minutes.
- Remove the buns from the oven and spoon the sloppy joe mixture onto the bottom buns.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the meat.
- Lay the sliced pickles on top of the cheese and cover with the top buns.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.