BBQ Chicken Tortellini Casserole is an easy dinner recipe using rotisserie chicken.
This baked tortellini is loaded with bacon, chicken, red onions, BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this casserole I started by boiling some store bought cheese tortellini.
After I drained the pasta I returned it to the empty pot and added in some shredded rotisserie chicken, real bacon bits and diced red onions.
I stirred the ingredients together and then added some BBQ sauce and light cream.
I stirred the pasta until it was all coated in sauce and then I poured it into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
Then I sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese on top.
I baked the pasta in the oven until the cheese was just starting to brown.
This BBQ Chicken Tortellini Casserole is a fun change from more traditional pasta dishes.
- 21 oz cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen
- 2 1/2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 red onion, small, diced
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 1/2 cups chicken & rib BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cook tortellini according to directions on the package. Drain.
- Return the cooked tortellini to the empty pot.
- Add the shredded chicken, diced red onion and real bacon bits to the pot. Stir the ingredients together.
- Add the BBQ sauce, cream and salt and pepper. Stir until all of the pasta is coated in sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Place in the oven and cook until the cheese is just starting to brown. 16-18 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 803
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.