Fritos Chicken Casserole is an easy dinner recipe using precooked rotisserie chicken.
This delicious casserole is loaded with shredded chicken, corn chips, green chiles and cheddar cheese then topped with Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this chicken casserole I started by dumping some shredded rotisserie chicken into a large mixing bowl along with some chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
I stirred the ingredients up and then added some cream of chicken soup, chopped green chiles, canned corn and some seasonings.
I stirred the mixture really well until everything was coated in the soup.
Then I added some Fritos corn chips to bowl.
I stirred the corn chips into the mixture and then poured it all into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish being sure to spread it out evenly.
Then I unrolled a sheet of Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough and placed it over top.
I baked the casserole until the crescent dough was nicely browned all across the top.
This tasty casserole is moist and bursting with flavour.
If you are in search of a new easy weeknight dinner idea be sure to try out this Fritos Chicken Casserole.
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4.5 oz chopped green chiles, canned
- 11 oz whole kernel corn, canned
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dehydrated minced onion
- 7 oz Fritos corn chips
- 8 oz Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine shredded chicken, chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add the chopped green chiles, corn, cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, garlic powder and minced onion. Stir well until all of the ingredients are coated in soup.
- Add the corn chips to the bowl and stir well again.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Unroll the sheet of crescent dough and place it over top being sure to cover everything.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake until the crescent dough is nicely browned all across the top. 27-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 677
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.