Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are an easy dessert recipe using Pillsbury cookie dough.
These decadent cookie bars are topped with creamy caramel and a layer of chocolate and are very similar to millionaire bars.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these caramel bars I started by pressing out some Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
I baked the cookie dough until it was just starting to brown all across the top.
While the cookie base was baking I melted some butter in a large saucepan.
I added some Kraft caramels to the melted butter and stirred until the caramels were completely melted.
Then I removed the mixture from the heat and set it aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
As the caramel cooled I stirred it occasionally to make sure all of the butter combined with the caramel as it thickened.
Then I poured the caramel over the baked cookie base and spread it out evenly.
I placed the pan in the fridge for about 15 minutes to let the caramel set.
Then I melted some butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips in a saucepan on the stove, stirring frequently.
Once the butter and chocolate were completely melted I poured the mixture over the caramel and spread it out evenly.
I returned the cookie bars to the fridge for about an hour to allow the chocolate to set before slicing the squares.
These chocolate caramel cookie bars are very similar to millionaire bars but with a chocolate chip cookie base instead of shortbread.
Try these Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars the next time you are in need of an easy decadent dessert.
If you are looking for more chocolate and caramel dessert recipes check out Caramel Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Cookies, Chocolate Caramel Oreo Bars, Rolo Sugar Cookie Cups and Caramel Peanut Butter Cookie Cups.
- 16.5 oz Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup butter, salted
- 11 oz Kraft caramels
- 1/2 cup butter, salted
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Spread it out evenly to cover the entire bottom.
- Bake the cookie dough until it is starting to brown all across the top. 17-19 minutes.
- While the cookie dough is baking melt 3/4 cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the caramels to the pan and continue cooking over medium heat stirring frequently.
- When the caramels are completely melted remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure the butter is combined with the caramel as it thickens.
- Pour the caramel over the baked cookie base and spread it out evenly.
- Place the baking dish in the fridge for about 15 minutes so that the caramel can start to set.
- After the baking dish has been in the fridge for 15 minutes place 1/2 cup of butter in a medium saucepan along with the chocolate chips.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips over medium low heat stirring frequently until they are completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel layer and spread it out evenly.
- Return the dish to the fridge for about an hour to allow the chocolate to set before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.