Creamy Ground Chicken Chili is the perfect winter comfort food.
This white chicken chili is thick, creamy and packed with flavour.
If you are looking for a kid friendly chili with a bit of heat that is not too spicy this is the one for you.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this chicken chili I started by frying up some ground chicken in a large pot along with some diced onions and some chili seasoning.
Once the meat was fully cooked I added some flour to meat and continued cooking it for a few minutes.
The flour helps thicken the chili when the liquid is added.
Then I poured in some milk, cream of chicken soup and a brick of cream cheese.
After stirring well I also added some white kidney beans, pickled jalapenos and canned corn.
I reduced the heat and left the chili to simmer, stirring occasionally.
While the chili was simmering i grated some marble cheddar cheese and chopped some green onions.
I used kitchen scissors to chop the green onions because I find it much easier than using a knife.
After the chili had simmered for about ten minutes and the cream cheese was completely melted the chili was ready to serve.
I spooned my white chicken chili into bowls and sprinkled the cheddar cheese and green onions on top.
The cream cheese and the cheddar cheese make this a very cheesy chicken chili.
I served the chili with tortilla chips for dipping but you could also serve it with some nice fresh bread or buns.
Be sure to try this Creamy Ground Chicken Chili if you are looking for the perfect cold weather comfort food recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1 oz chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 15 oz white kidney beans, canned
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno peppers
- 8.5 oz corn, canned
- 1 cup marble cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, fry up the ground chicken and diced onions with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Add the chili seasoning to the ground chicken as it's cooking.
- Once the meat is completely browned add in the flour. Stir well and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Pour in the milk and stir well.
- Add in the cream of chicken soup and the cream cheese. Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Pour in the white beans, pickled jalapenos and corn. Stir well and leave to simmer for about ten minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the chili is simmering grate the cheddar cheese and chop the green onions. I chopped my green onions with kitchen scissors as I find it easier than using a knife.
- After the chili as simmered for 10 minutes check to make sure the cream cheese is fully melted and no large chunks remain. If there are still chunks continue simmering but if not then your chili is ready to serve.
- Ladle your chili into bowls and top with the grated cheddar cheese and chopped green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 719
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.