Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes are a simple weeknight dinner recipe your whole family will love.
These sandwiches are loaded with ground beef tossed in a sweet tomato sauce and topped with French’s fried onions.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these homemade sloppy joes, I started by browning some ground beef in a large frying pan.
While the ground beef was cooking, I added some diced onion to the pan and then left it to continue cooking while I prepared the sauce.
For the sauce, I dumped some ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and onion powder into a small mixing bowl.
I stirred all of the ingredients together really well.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked, I drained the grease from the pan and then poured in the sauce.
I stirred until all of the ground beef was completely coated in sauce and then reduced the heat.
I placed some hamburger buns on a baking sheet and toasted them in the oven.
Then I spooned the ground beef mixture onto the buns and sprinkled some French’s fried onions on top.
These ground beef sandwiches are packed with flavour.
If you are looking for an easy ground beef dinner recipe then you need to make these Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes!
CLICK HERE to save this recipe to Pinterest!
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes
Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes are a simple weeknight dinner recipe your whole family will love. These sandwiches are loaded with ground beef tossed in a sweet tomato sauce and topped with French's fried onions.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup French's fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400F for toasting the buns.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef with a dab of butter or margarine.
- While the ground beef is cooking, add the diced onions to the pan. Leave the beef and onions to continue cooking while you prepare the sauce.
- Dump the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and onion powder into a small mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Once the ground beef is completely cooked drain the grease from the frying pan.
- Then add the sauce to the pan with the ground beef. Stir well until all of the beef is completely coated in sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Separate the burger buns and lay them out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and toast the buns for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture onto the toasted buns and then sprinkle the French's fried onions on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.