Chili Cheese Dog Sloppy Joes are an easy ground beef dinner recipe perfect for weeknights.
These homemade sloppy joes are loaded with chopped wieners, shredded cheese, and onions all tossed in a chili sauce with a bit of a kick.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these sloppy joes, I started by cooking some lean ground beef in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
I added some diced onions to the ground beef while it was cooking.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked I drained the excess grease from the pan.
Then I added some diced wieners to the pan and stirred well.
I reduced the heat to medium-low and added a packet of taco seasoning, Heinz chili sauce and medium salsa to the pan.
I stirred until all of the meat was well coated in sauce and then I left it to simmer while I toasted the buns.
I lay some large sesame hamburger buns on a baking sheet and then put them in the oven.
I toasted the buns for 5 minutes at 400F and then removed the pan from the oven.
I removed the frying pan with the ground beef from the heat and then added some shredded mozzarella and cheddar to the pan.
I stirred just until the cheese was combined with the beef and melting.
Then I spooned the sloppy joe mixture onto the buns.
These tasty sloppy joes are a hearty meal the whole family will love.
If you are looking for a fun twist on the class sloppy joe recipe, then you need to try these Chili Cheese Dog Sloppy Joes!
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Chili Cheese Dog Sloppy Joes
Chili Cheese Dog Sloppy Joes are an easy ground beef dinner recipe perfect for weeknights. These homemade sloppy joes are loaded with chopped wieners, shredded cheese, and onions all tossed in a chili sauce with a bit of a kick.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups hot dog wieners, diced
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar blend
- 4 large hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 400F for toasting the buns.
- Cook ground beef in a large frying pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Add diced onions to the pan while the ground beef is cooking.
- Once the ground beef is completely cooked drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Add the diced wieners to the pan and stir well.
- Add taco seasoning, chili sauce and salsa to the pan. Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Leave the meat to simmer.
- Lay buns in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and lightly toast buns. 4-6 minutes.
- Remove the frying pan with the meat mixture from the heat and add the shredded cheese to the pan.
- Stir just until the cheese is mixed into the meat and melting.
- Spoon the sloppy joe mixture onto the buns.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.