Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Casserole is a delicious breakfast casserole made with Italian bread loaded with peanut butter and strawberry jam and coated with Frosted Flakes.
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Casserole is an easy breakfast or brunch recipe perfect for weekends and holidays.
This French toast casserole is an easy way to make stuffed French toast for a crowd all in one dish.
This breakfast casserole takes about an hour from start to finish and serves six people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this peanut butter and jelly stuffed French toast, I started by cracking some eggs into a large mixing bowl.
I added some heavy cream, vanilla extract and granulated sugar to the bowl.
I whisked the ingredients together well.
Then I took a loaf of Italian bread and cut it into one and a half inch cubes.
I dumped the cubes of bread into the bowl with the egg mixture.
Then I used a rubber spatula to stir until all of the bread was coated in the egg mixture.
I scooped approximatley half of the bread and egg mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
Then I scooped some smooth peanut butter into a microwave safe dish.
I microwaved the peanut butter on High for 30 seconds.
I stirred the peanut butter well and then drizzled it evenly over the bread in the pan.
I scooped some strawberry jam into a microwave safe dish.
Then I microwaved the jam on High for 30 seconds.
I stirred the jam well and then drizzled it evenly over the bread and peanut butter.
I spooned the remaining half of the bread mixture over top of the peanut butter and jam, being sure to spread it out evenly.
Then I dumped some Frosted Flakes into a large Ziploc bag.
I used a rolling pin to crush the Frosted Flakes.
I dumped the crushed Frosted Flakes into a small mixing bowl.
I added some melted butter to the bowl.
I used a fork to stir the crushed cereal until it was all coated in melted butter.
Then I sprinkled the crushed Frosted Flakes over top of the casserole.
I covered the baking dish with aluminum foil and placed it in the oven.
I baked the French toast casserole, covered, for thirty minutes.
Then I removed the foil and continued baking the casserole, uncovered, for another fifteen minutes to let the top crisp up.
I removed the casserole from the oven and sliced and served it immediately.
The peanut butter and strawberry jam give this French toast casserole amazing flavour and the Frosted Flake topping adds a great crunch.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious breakfast casserole recipe, then you need to try this Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Casserole!
More Breakfast Casseroles You’ll Love…
- 8 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 lb loaf of Italian bread
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 3 cups Frosted Flakes
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract and sugar to the bowl.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until the eggs are completely beaten.
- Cut the loaf of bread into cubes of approximately one and a half inches.
- Add the cubes of bread to the mixing bowl with the egg mixture.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir until all of the bread is coated in the egg mixture.
- Scoop approximately half of the bread and egg mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Dump the peanut butter into a microwave safe dish and microwave it on High for 30 seconds.
- Stir the peanut butter well and then drizzle it over the bread in the pan.
- Dump the jam into a microwave safe dish and microwave it on High for 30 seconds.
- Stir the jam well and then drizzle it over the bread and peanut butter.
- Spoon the remaining half of the bread mixture over top.
- Dump the Frosted Flakes into a large Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Pour the crushed Frosted Flakes into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter to the bowl with the crushed Frosted Flakes and stir with a fork until all of the cereal is coated in butter.
- Sprinkle the Frosted Flakes on top of the casserole.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the covered dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes, uncovered, to crisp up the top.
- Remove the dish from the oven and slice and serve the casserole immediately.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.