Whipped Christmas Shortbread Cookies are a buttery holiday cookie recipe that can be topped with maraschino cherries and Hershey’s mini kisses.
Whipped Christmas Shortbread Cookies are an easy cookie recipe perfect for your Christmas cookie tray.
These soft and buttery shortbread cookies can be decorated however you like or even enjoyed plain.
This whipped shortbread cookie recipe produces 24 cookies but can easily be doubled if you need a large batch.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these shortbread cookies, I started by dumping some softened butter and confectioner’s sugar into a large mixing bowl.
I used an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
Then I added some all-purpose flour and corn starch to the bowl.
I continued mixing with the electric mixer until a sticky dough formed and the mixture was no longer crumbly.
Then I rolled the dough into one inch balls and placed them on a non stick baking sheet.
I used a fork to flatten the dough balls.
Then I placed red and green maraschino cherries on some of the cookies and pressed them down gently into the dough.
For the cookies that I wanted to top with Hershey’s mini kisses, I left them bare because the chocolate has to be added after baking.
I placed the baking sheet in the oven and baked the cookies until they were golden brown around the bottom edge.
After I removed the cookies from the oven, I placed the Hershey’s mini kisses on the bare cookies and pressed them down gently.
Then I used a spatula to transfer the cookies to some parchment paper on the counter to cool off.
These delicious shortbread cookies are a must have for the holiday season.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious Christmas cookie, then you need to try these Whipped Christmas Shortbread Cookies!
More Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- red maraschino cherries
- green maraschino cherries
- Hershey's mini kisses baking pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dump softened butter and confectioner's sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the ingredients together until smooth.
- Add the flour and cornstarch to the bowl.
- Continue mixing with the electric mixer until a sticky dough forms and the mixture is no longer crumbly.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them on a non stick cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between the balls.
- Use a fork to flatten the cookie dough balls.
- If you are topping with cherries, place them on top of the cookies now and gently press them down into the dough.
- Any cookies you are planning on topping with Hershey's mini kisses should be left bare until after baking.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the cookies until they are golden brown around the bottom edges. 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- If you are using Hershey's mini kisses, place them on the cookies now and press down gently.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the cookies to a piece of parchment paper on the counter to cool off.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.