Bacon Mushroom Swiss Ground Beef and Rice is an easy stove top dinner recipe that can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
This ground beef dish is loaded with sliced mushrooms, real bacon bits and Swiss cheese.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This hearty ground beef dish serves 4 people.
To make this easy dinner recipe, I started by preparing some instant rice according to the instructions on the package.
Then I browned some lean ground beef in a large skillet along with some diced onions.
Once the ground beef was almost cooked I added in some sliced mushrooms and allowed them to cook for a few minutes.
Then I reduced the heat and added in a can of cream of mushroom soup, some milk, real bacon bits and the cooked rice.
I stirred everything together really well and then left it to simmer for five minutes.
After five minutes I added some shredded Swiss cheese to the skillet and stirred it into the beef and rice mixture.
Then I sprinkled some more Swiss cheese on top and just left it to melt without stirring it in.
Once the cheese was melted it was ready to serve!
This simple ground beef dinner is packed with flavour.
Every bite of this ground beef and rice is oozing with melted Swiss cheese.
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s not short on taste be sure to try this Bacon Mushroom Swiss Ground Beef and Rice.
You could also try this recipe with ground turkey or ground chicken for a lighter version.
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion , diced
- 2 1/2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese , shredded
- Cook the instant rice according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat along with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Add the diced onions to the skillet while the beef is cooking.
- Once the beef is almost fully cooked add the sliced mushrooms to skillet and cook for about three minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, milk, bacon bits, cooked rice, salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir well.
- Leave to simmer for eight minutes.
- Add one cup of the shredded Swiss cheese to the skillet and stir it in.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Swiss cheese on top and do not stir. Allow the cheese to melt on top.
- Once the cheese is melted the dish is ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 669
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.