Banana Sugar Cookie Bars are an easy dessert recipe using only five ingredients.
Sugar Cookie mix and ripe bananas form the base of these cookie bars which are topped with vanilla icing and colourful sprinkles.
These delicious banana squares have more of a dense cake like texture than a cookie texture.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these cookie bars I started by combining a pouch of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix with three very ripe bananas and an egg.
I used an electric mixer and mixed the ingredients until they were fully combined and no large lumps remained.
I poured the mixture onto a greased 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet and spread it out evenly.
Then I placed the cookie sheet in the oven to bake until the top was lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center came up clean.
After removing the cookie bars from the oven I allowed them to cool for about twenty minutes before spreading them with store bought vanilla frosting.
If you try to ice the cookie bars before they cool off your frosting will melt.
Finally I topped the banana bars with colourful sprinkles.
I cut my cookie bars into 24 fairly large pieces but you could cut them into 32 if you would like smaller squares.
These Banana Sugar Cookie Bars are ridiculously easy to make and are sure to please both kids and adults.
- 17.5 oz Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 1 egg, large
- 12 oz vanilla frosting, the whipped kind
- 1 tbsp colourful sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar cookie mix, bananas and egg using an electric mixer. Start on low speed until the bananas are broken up and then increase to medium.
- Mix until no large lumps remain.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 15 - 18 minutes until the top of the cookie is starting to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes up clean.
- Allow the cookie bars to cool for about twenty minutes.
- Spread the vanilla frosting evenly over the cookie bars.
- Top the frosting with sprinkles.
- Cut your bars into your desired sized pieces. I slice mine into 24 pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.