Chicken Casserole with Stuffing is an easy chicken dinner recipe perfect for weeknights.
This hearty chicken casserole is loaded with shredded rotisserie chicken, corn, green onions and cranberry sauce and topped with stove top stuffing.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this chicken and stuffing casserole, I started by dumping some shredded chicken, condensed cream of chicken soup and seasonings into a large mixing bowl.
I stirred them together until all of the chicken was coated in soup.
Then I added some whole cranberry sauce, canned corn and chopped green onions to the bowl.
I stirred again until all of the ingredients were fully combined.
Then I dumped the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
I poured some water into a large saucepan on the stove and added some butter to it.
Then I brought the water to a boil.
I removed the pan from the heat and added two packages of stove top stuffing mix to the pot.
I stirred well, covered the pot and set it aside for five minutes.
After five minutes I fluffed the stuffing with a fork and then sprinkled it on top of the chicken mixture in the baking dish.
I covered the dish with aluminum foil and then baked the casserole for thirty minutes.
This hearty chicken casserole has all the flavours of a full chicken dinner in one dish.
If you are looking for a tasty chicken dinner recipe that the whole family will love then you need to try this Chicken Casserole with Stuffing!
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- 10.5 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 8.75 oz canned corn, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 oz Chicken Stove Top Stuffing (2 boxes)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dump the shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, onion powder and ground sage into a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Add the cranberry sauce, corn and chopped green onions to the bowl. Stir well again.
- Dump the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Pour the water and butter into a large saucepan on the stove.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, remove the pan from the heat and add the stuffing mix to the pan.
- Stir well, cover the pot and set it aside for five minutes.
- After five minutes fluff the stuffing with a fork and then sprinkle it on top of the chicken mixture in the baking dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.