Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole is a hearty dinner recipe perfect for cold weather.
This delicious chicken casserole is loaded with long grain rice, Campbell’s cream of chicken soup, corn and topped with crumbled Ritz crackers.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this chicken and rice casserole, I started by dumping some long grain white rice, frozen corn, milk, condensed cream of chicken soup and one pouch of Lipton Onion Soup Mix into a large mixing bowl.
I stirred all of the ingredients together and then poured the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Then I cut some raw chicken breasts into slices.
I lay the slices of chicken breast on top of the mixture in the baking dish.
Then I covered the baking dish with aluminum foil and placed it in the oven to bake for 50 minutes.
While the casserole was in the oven I prepared the Ritz cracker topping.
I placed some Ritz crackers in a large Ziploc bag and then crushed them with a heavy bottomed pot.
Then I dumped the crushed crackers into a small mixing bowl along with some melted butter and an egg.
I stirred the ingredients together with a fork.
At the 50 minute mark I removed the casserole from the oven and took off the foil.
I sprinkled the Ritz cracker mixture over the casserole and then returned the dish to the oven uncovered to crisp up the topping.
Once the Ritz cracker topping was starting to brown I removed the casserole from the oven.
I allowed the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This creamy chicken and rice casserole is packed with flavour.
If you are looking for the perfect comfort food dish be sure to try this Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole with Ritz Cracker Topping!
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups milk
- 21 oz condensed cream of chicken soup (2 x 10.5 oz cans)
- 1 oz Lipton onion soup mix
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 30 Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, large
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dump rice, corn, milk, condensed cream of chicken soup and Lipton onion soup mix into a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Slice chicken breast into strips.
- Lay the strips of chicken breast on top of the mixture in the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking place the Ritz crackers in a large Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin or heavy bottomed pot.
- Dump the crushed crackers into a small mixing bowl along with the melted butter and egg. Stir with a fork.
- After 50 minutes, remove the casserole from the oven and take off the foil.
- Sprinkle the Ritz cracker mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Return the dish to the oven and continue baking, uncovered, until the Ritz crackers start to brown. 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.