Cheese Stuffed Ground Chicken Meatloaf is an easy dinner recipe loaded with Italian flavours.
This chicken meatloaf is made with Italian seasoned bread crumbs, basil pesto, mozzarella cheese and topped with pizza sauce.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this meatloaf, I started by placing some ground chicken, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, basil pesto and an egg in a mixing bowl.
I used a fork to combine all of the ingredients.
Then I lined a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with aluminum foil and sprayed it with cooking spray.
The aluminum foil makes it easy to remove the meatloaf from the pan after cooking.
Then I scooped half of the meat mixture into the loaf pan and pressed it out evenly.
I took six mozzarella string cheese strips and placed them in the center of the meatloaf.
I cut two of the sticks in half to make them fit.
Then I placed the remaining meat mixture on top and pressed it out evenly.
I placed the loaf pan in the oven and cooked the meatloaf for 40 minutes.
Then I removed it from the oven and spread pizza sauce on top.
I returned the meatloaf to the oven to cook for another 15 minutes.
After I removed the meatloaf from the oven I allowed it to rest for 5 minutes before lifting it out of the pan.
Then I sliced it and served it.
This delicious meatloaf is just oozing with cheese.
Be sure to try this Cheese Stuffed Ground Chicken Meatloaf if you are looking for a change from classic meatloaf.
If you are looking for more easy dinner recipes check out Easy Ground Chicken Casserole, Cream Cheese Bacon Chicken Tacos, Cheeseburger Casserole, Cheesy Tomato Ground Beef and Rice and BBQ Chicken Tortellini Casserole.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Italian season bread crumbs
- 1 egg, large
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 6 pcs mozzarella string cheese
- 8 oz pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg and basil pesto in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to combine the ingredients.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Scoop half of the meat mixture into the loaf pan and press it out evenly.
- Place the string cheese sticks in the center of the meatloaf. You will have to cut two of them in half to make them all fit properly.
- Dump the remaining meat mixture on top and press it out evenly.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour pizza sauce on top. Spread the sauce out evenly over the meatloaf.
- Return the loaf to the oven for 15 minutes to finish cooking.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before lifting it out of the pan.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.