Reese’s Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Bars are delicious marshmallow cereal treats loaded with peanut butter and Reese’s Pieces.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Bars are an easy dessert recipe perfect for peanut butter lovers.
These peanut butter and marshmallow treats are like rice krispie treats but with Captain Crunch cereal instead.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these peanut butter bars I started by chopping some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into small pieces.
Then I placed some butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan and melted them together.
I added some marshmallows to the pan and stirred until they were melted.
Then I removed the pan from the heat and poured in the Captain Crunch cereal.
I stirred the mixture until all of the cereal was coated in marshmallow.
Then I added the chopped up peanut butter cups to the pan and stirred until they melted into the cereal mixture.
I poured the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and pressed it out evenly.
Then I melted some butter and peanut butter together and drizzled half of it on top of the bars.
I sprinkled some mini Reese’s pieces on top and then drizzled the remainder of the melted butter and peanut butter over top of the mini Reese’s.
I placed the pan in the fridge and left the cereal bars to chill for about an hour before slicing and serving.
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Bars are super rich and bursting with peanut butter flavour.
- 10 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, regular size
- 1/4 cup butter, salted
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Captain Crunch cereal
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, salted
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup mini Reese's Pieces
- Chop the peanut butter cups into small pieces.
- Place butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until completely melted.
- Add marshmallows to the pan and stir well until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the cereal to the pan and stir until all of the cereal is coated in marshmallow.
- Add the pieces of peanut butter cups and continue stirring until they are melted into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture out into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and press out evenly.
- Place the butter in a microwavable bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter to the melted butter and stir until the peanut butter is melted as well.
- Use a spoon to drizzle half of the melted peanut butter mixture over the cereal bars.
- Sprinkle the mini Reese's pieces on top.
- Drizzle the remaining melted peanut butter on top.
- Place the pan in the fridge and chill for about an hour before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.