Philly Cheese Steak Pull Apart Bread is an easy party food perfect for game day.
Bite sized pieces of bagel are loaded with roast beef, green peppers and cheddar cheese.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this cheesy pull apart bread, I started by frying up some diced onions and green peppers in large frying pan.
Once the onions started to brown I reduced the heat to low and added some diced roast beef to the pan.
I opened up some sesame bagels and spread all of the cut sides with garlic margarine.
Then I cut each of the bagels into twelve pieces.
I placed about half of the bagel pieces into the bottom of a greased cast iron skillet.
Then I placed about half of the roast beef and peppers mixture on top of the bagel pieces, spreading it out as evenly as possible.
I sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese on top of the beef and peppers.
Then I placed the remaining bagel pieces on top of the cheese to start a second layer.
I topped the bagel pieces with the remaining roast beef mixture followed by more cheddar cheese.
Then I placed the skillet in the oven and cooked the pull apart bread until the cheese was starting to brown.
This Philly Cheese Steak Pull Apart Bread is the perfect finger food.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 9 oz roast beef, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 sesame bagels
- 1/3 cup garlic margarine
- 3 cups mild cheddar cheese , shredded
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add dab of margarine or butter to the pan and then add the diced onions and green peppers.
- Cook the onions and peppers until the onions start to brown. Then reduce the heat to low and add the roast beef to the pan along with the salt and pepper.
- Stir everything together and leave it on low heat while you prep the bagels.
- If your bagels did not come presliced sliced them all in half. Spread all of the cut sides with garlic margarine.
- Then cut each bagel into twelve pieces.
- Place approximately half of the bagel pieces into the bottom of a greased cast iron skillet. Spread them out evenly.
- Spoon half of the roast beef and peppers mixture over top of the bagel pieces.
- Then sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese over that.
- Place the remaining bagel pieces over the cheese to start your second layer.
- Spoon the rest of the roast beef and peppers mixture over the bagel pieces and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook the bread until the cheese starts to brown. 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.