Sausage and Peppers Pasta is a delicious dinner recipe using penne pasta and loaded with sliced bell peppers, onions and Italian sausage meat.
Sausage and Peppers Pasta is an easy weeknight dinner recipe using Italian sausage meat removed from the casings, Clasico marinara sauce and Thai sweet chili sauce.
This simple pasta recipe is packed with flavour and colour.
This Italian sausage penne takes less than forty minutes from start to finish and serves four people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this sausage and peppers pasta, I started by cooking some penne pasta noodles according to the instructions on the package.
Then I drained the noodles and set them aside.
I took some mild Italian sausages and removed the meat from the casings.
Then I dumped the meat into a large pot over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine.
I crumbled the sausage meat well as it cooked.
Once the sausage meat was fully cooked, I added some sliced onions and sliced red, orange and green bell peppers to the pan.
I stirred well and left them to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions were translucent.
Then I added some water, marinara sauce and sweet Thai chili sauce to the pan.
I stirred well and reduced the heat to medium.
I left the mixture to continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for ten minutes.
After ten minutes I removed the pot from the heat and added the cooked penne noodles to the pot.
I stirred until all of the noodles were coated in sauce.
Then I added some salt and pepper and stirred well again.
This tasty sausage penne is a simple and delicious dinner perfect for weeknights.
If you are looking for an easy but flavourful pasta recipe, then you need to try this Sausage and Peppers Pasta!
More Easy Pasta Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper. sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook penne noodles according to instructions on the package.
- Drain and set aside.
- Remove the sausage meat from the casings.
- Dump the sausage meat into a large pot over medium-high heat, along with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Crumble the sausage meat well as it cooks.
- When the sausage meat is fully cooked, add all of the sliced peppers and onions to the pot.
- Stir well and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the water, marinara sauce and Thai chili sauce to the pot.
- Stir well and reduce heat to medium.
- Continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the cooked penne noodles to the pot and stir well.
- Add the salt and pepper to the pot and stir well again.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.