Cheesy Potato Casserole with Bacon is a delicious side dish recipe made with frozen diced hash brown potatoes, Campbell’s condensed cream of bacon soup, shredded mozzarella, cheddar and crumbled bacon.
Cheesy Potato Casserole with Bacon is a hearty side dish recipe perfect for serving with holiday dinners or brunches.
This easy hash brown potato casserole is loaded with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
This potato side dish takes just under an hour from start to finish and serves eight people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this potato bacon casserole, I started by dumping some Campbells’s condensed cream of bacon soup, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder into a large mixing bowl.
I stirred all of the ingredients together until smooth.
Then I added some frozen diced hash brown potatoes to the bowl.
I stirred until the potatoes were well coated in the soup mixture.
Then I added some shredded mozzarella cheese, diced onions and crumbled bacon to the bowl.
I stirred well again.
Then I dumped the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
I placed the dish in the oven and baked the hash brown casserole for forty minutes.
After forty minutes, I removed the dish from the oven and sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon on top.
I returned the dish to the oven until the cheddar cheese was completely melted.
Then the casserole was ready to serve.
This cheesy potato casserole is a delicious side dish that’s sure to please the whole family.
If you are looking for the perfect comfort food side dish recipe, then you need to try this Cheesy Potato Casserole with Bacon.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love…
- 10.5 oz Campbell's condensed cream of bacon soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 32 oz frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup bacon crumble
- 2 cups shredded double cheddar cheese blend
- 1/4 cup bacon crumble
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dump cream of bacon soup, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Add the frozen diced hash brown potatoes to the bowl.
- Stir until the potatoes are well coated in the soup mixture.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese, diced onion and bacon crumble to the bowl. Stir well.
- Dump the potato mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheddar and bacon crumble on top.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake until the cheddar is completely melted. 5-7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 729Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1615mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.