Sloppy Joe Pizza is an easy ground beef dinner recipe using Pillsbury pizza crust and homemade sloppy joe sauce.
Sloppy Joe Pizza is an easy weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will love.
This fun combination of two classic meals is loaded with ground beef and onions tossed in sloppy joe sauce and topped with mozzarella, cheddar and French’s fried onions.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This ground beef pizza serves four people and takes less than forty minutes from start to finish.
To make this sloppy joe pizza, I started by cooking some ground beef in a large saute pan.
I added some diced yellow onions to the pan with the ground beef while it was cooking.
I crumbled the ground beef well and once it was fully cooked, I drained the excess grease from the pan.
I stirred the ingredients together well.
Then I added the sauce to the pan with the cooked ground beef.
I stirred until all of the ground beef was coated in sauce and then left the pan to sit on low heat while I prepped the pizza crust.
I placed the baking sheet in the oven and baked the pizza crust for eight minutes.
Then I removed the pan from the oven.
I spooned the ground beef mixture onto the pizza crust and spread it out evenly.
Then I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of the meat.
I sprinkled some crumbled French’s fried onions on top of the cheese.
Then I returned the pan to the oven and continued baking the pizza until the cheese was fully melted and the crust was nicely browned.
I removed the pizza from the oven and sliced it.
This tasty pizza with hamburger meat has all the flavours of the classic sloppy joe sandwich.
If you are looking for a simple ground beef dinner recipe, then you need to try this Sloppy Joe Pizza!
More Sloppy Joe Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 13.8 oz Pillsbury pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 1/3 cup French's fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook ground beef in large saute over medium-high heat with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Add diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it's cooking.
- Crumble ground beef well.
- Once ground beef is fully cooked, drain excess grease from the pan and reduce heat to low.
- Dump ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and onion powder into a medium mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Pour sauce on top of ground beef.
- Stir until all of the ground beef is coated in sauce and leave the pan to sit over low heat.
- Press pizza crust out onto a greased 10 x 15 inch baking sheet.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and spread the sloppy joe mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the sloppy joe mixture.
- Crumble the French's fried onions slightly and sprinkle them on top of the cheese.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the cheese is completely melted and the crust is nicely browned. 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and slice.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.