Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars are an easy dessert recipe perfect for your holiday treat tray.
These peanut butter and butterscotch confetti squares are loaded with colourful mini marshmallows, Rice Krispies and shredded coconut.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these peanut butter bars, I started by melting some butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan on the stove.
Once the butter and peanut butter were completely melted I added some butterscotch chips to the pot.
I stirred the butterscotch chips into the peanut butter mixture until they were completely melted.
Then I removed the saucepan from the heat and set it aside to cool off.
Once the pot had cooled enough that I could hold my hand to the bottom I added some Rice Krispies and sweetened shredded coconut to the peanut butter mixture.
Then I stirred everything together until the Rice Krispies and coconut were completely coated in the melted peanut butter mixture.
I added some colourful mini marshmallows to the pot and then stirred until they were also completely coated in the peanut butter mixture.
Then I dumped the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan lined with wax paper and pressed it out evenly.
Then I chilled the peanut butter marshmallow bars in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before using the wax paper to lift the dessert out of the pan.
I cut the marshmallow treats into squares and served them.
These decadent peanut butter butterscotch squares are so addictive you won’t be able to stop eating them.
Be sure to try these Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars with Rice Krispies and Coconut if you are looking for a fun treat for any occasion!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 8 cups colourful mini marshmallows (1 x 14oz bag)
- Melt butter and peanut butter together in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Once they are melted add the butterscotch chips to the pan.
- Stir until the chips are completely melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Let the melted peanut butter mixture cool until you are able to hold your hand to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the Rice Krispies and shredded coconut to the pot. Stir well until they are completely coated in the peanut butter mixture.
- Add the marshmallows to the pot and continue stirring until they are completely coated in the peanut butter mixture as well.
- Dump the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan lined with wax paper and press it out evenly.
- Place the pan in the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- Use the wax paper to lift the chilled dessert from the pan and then cut it into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.