The Ultimate Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole is the perfect dish for feeding a crowd.
This baked spaghetti and meatball dish is topped with cheesy garlic bread and bacon.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this pasta casserole I started by cooking some spaghetti.
While the spaghetti was cooking I heated up some jarred marinara sauce in a pot along with a brick of cream cheese.
I added some frozen beef meatballs to the sauce to heat them up too.
Once the cream cheese was fully melted I took some of the sauce from the meatballs and added it to the cook spaghetti.
I stirred the spaghetti until it was fully coated in sauce and then dumped it into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
I poured the meatballs and remaining sauce over the spaghetti.
Then I spread some bagels with a store bought garlic margarine spread before cutting each bagel into twelve pieces.
I dumped the bagel pieces over the meatballs and pressed them down gently so that they would stick to the casserole.
Then I sprinkled the bagels with shredded mozzarella cheese, real bacon bits and dried chives.
I placed the casserole in the oven and baked it until the cheese started to brown.
This amazing casserole combines your spaghetti and meatballs and garlic cheese bread all into one dish.
- 12 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp dehydrated minced onion
- 1 lb frozen meatballs
- 6 plain bagels
- 1/2 cup garlic butter or garlic margarine spread
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 tbsp dried chives
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions on the package.
- While the spaghetti is cooking combine the marinara sauce and cream cheese in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the frozen meatballs and minced onion to the sauce and stir occasionally. Once cream cheese has melted fully reduce heat to medium low.
- Once the spaghetti has been cooked and drained, return it to the pot you cooked it in.
- Take approximately one cup of the sauce out of the meatball pot and add it to the spaghetti. Stir well until the spaghetti is all coated in sauce.
- Dump the spaghetti into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Pour the meatballs and sauce over the spaghetti and carefully space out the meatballs as evenly as possible.
- Slice all of the bagels in half and spread the cut sides with garlic butter. Then cut each bagel into twelve pieces.
- Place the bagel pieces on top of the meatballs and then press them down gently so that they will bake right into the casserole.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the bagels followed by the bacon bits and chives.
- Place the casserole in the oven and cook for 14- 16 minutes until cheese starts to brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 822
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.