Bacon Chicken Pot Pie with Crescent Rolls is an easy dinner recipe perfect for cold winter days.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This hearty comfort food dish is loaded with chicken nuggets, bacon bits and potatoes in a Pillsbury Crescent Roll crust.
To make this chicken pot pie casserole, I started by cooking some chicken nuggets and lining the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with one sheet of Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough.
The dough came up the sides of the dish slightly.
If you make a lot of casserole I highly recommend you invest in some baking dishes with lids.
They make storing leftovers so much easier and are great for transporting food.
No more fighting with cling wrap!
I greased my pan with Pam Spray For Baking.
I use this cooking spray for pretty much everything because I find it way less greasy than other sprays and also very effective.
I’ve never had trouble removing anything from a pan when using this spray.
While the nuggets were cooking I combined some diced potatoes, canned corn, real bacon bits and red onions in a large mixing bowl.
Once the nuggets were ready I chopped them into bite size pieces and added them to the same mixing bowl.
I added cream of chicken soup, milk and a bit of Cajun seasoning and then stirred everything together.
I poured the mixture on top of the crescent roll dough in the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
I unrolled another sheet of crescent roll dough and placed it over the chicken mixture.
I baked the chicken pot pie until the crescent roll dough was nicely browned all across the top.
This creamy chicken casserole moist and delicious.
I love the added flavour the bacon brings to the pot pie as well as the little bit of kick from the Cajun seasoning.
This easy chicken casserole recipe serves six people and is the perfect winter comfort food.
- 15 chicken nuggets
- 2 8 oz cans Pillsbury Original Crescents
- 15 oz canned diced potatoes
- 15 oz canned corn
- 3 oz real bacon bits
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Clubhouse Cajun Seasoning
- Cook chicken nuggets according to instructions on package.
- While the nuggets are cooking, unroll one of the containers of Pillsbury crescent dough and place it in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. The dough will come up the sides of the dish slightly.
- Combine diced potatoes, corn, bacon bits and red onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Once nuggets are cooked adjust oven temperature to 375F and chop the nuggets into bite sized pieces. Add the chopped nuggets to the mixing bowl.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup, milk, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning into the mixing bowl and stir well.
- Pour the mixture out over the crescent dough in the baking dish.
- Spread the mixture out evenly and then unroll the remaining sheet of crescent dough and place it over top.
- Bake the casserole for 23-25 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.