This Spaghetti and Meatballs Stuffed Pizza is an easy dinner recipe using store bought pizza dough.
Pizza and pasta come together in one dish loaded with pepperoni and cheese.
I started by cooking the spaghetti and heating up the sauce and meatballs.
I used Classico Sweet Basil Marinara sauce because it is my absolute favourite pasta sauce.
Once the spaghetti was cooked I added it to the sauce and threw in some diced pepperoni and green peppers to give it that pizza flavour.
I divided the pizza dough in half and rolled it out on a surface covered with cornmeal instead of flour.
I prefer to use cornmeal over flour when rolling out pizza dough because it results in a crispier crust.
I placed one piece of rolled out dough onto a greased pizza pan and then poured the spaghetti and meatballs mixture on top.
I spread the pasta out evenly over the dough leaving about half an inch of dough exposed all round the outside.
I sprinkled some grated mozzarella over top and then placed the second piece of rolled out dough over everything.
The edges of the dough were pressed together all the way around to seal the pasta inside.
I placed the pizza in the oven to bake and removed it after five minutes to spread the top with garlic margarine and grated Parmesan.
Then I returned the pizza to the oven to cook until it was nicely browned.
This Spaghetti and Meatballs Stuffed Pizza is a hearty dinner the whole family will love.
For your next family pizza night switch it up and try out this stuffed pizza recipe.
If you are looking for more easy dinner recipes be sure to check out Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole, Cheeseburger Casserole, Easy Ground Chicken Casserole, Shepherd’s Pie Sliders and Sweet Chili BBQ Chicken Sliders.
- 6 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 24 oz Pasta Sauce
- 20 meatballs, frozen
- 1.5 lbs pizza dough
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup green peppers, diced
- 1 cup pepperoni, diced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 tbsp garlic margarine spread
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425F and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water until tender. About 9 minutes.
- While spaghetti is cooking pour pasta sauce and meatballs into another large pot and heat over medium heat.
- Once spaghetti is cooked drain it and add it to the sauce pot.
- Also add the pepperoni, green peppers salt and pepper to the sauce pot and reduce heat to medium low.
- Divide pizza dough in half and cover your rolling surface with cornmeal.
- Roll dough out into two 12 inch circles.
- Place one of the circles of dough onto greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Pour the spaghetti mixture onto the dough and spread it evenly. Leave about half an inch of dough uncovered all around the outside.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the spaghetti.
- Place the remaining piece of dough on top and press edges together all the way around to seal the spaghetti inside.
- Place in oven for five minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and spread the top with the garlic margarine and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Return to oven for 12-14 minutes until top is nicely browned.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 951Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 2280mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 8gSugar: 14gProtein: 38g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.