Cherry Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies are soft, buttery cookies loaded with chopped maraschino cherries and mini chocolate chips.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies are an easy no chill shortbread cookie recipe perfect for the holidays.
The maraschino cherries give these cookies a beautiful pink colour.
This whipped shortbread recipe produces thirty cookies.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these cherry shortbread cookies, I started by chopping some maraschino cherries into small pieces.
Then I dumped some softened butter and confectioner’s sugar into a large mixing bowl.
I used an electric mixer to cream the ingredients together until smooth.
Then I added some all purpose flour and corn starch to the bowl.
I continued mixing with the electric mixer until a sticky dough formed.
Then I added some mini chocolate chips and the chopped maraschino cherries to the bowl.
I continued mixing until the chocolate chips and cherry pieces were fully incorporated into the cookie dough.
Then I rolled the cookie dough into one inch balls and placed them on a non stick baking sheet, leaving at least two inches between the balls.
I flattened the cookie dough balls with a fork.
I placed the baking sheet in the oven and baked the cookies until they no longer looked wet and shiny on top.
Then I removed the pan from the oven and used a spatula to transfer the cookies to some parchment paper on the counter to cool off.
These beautiful pink shortbread cookies are perfect for Christmas or any other time of the year.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious shortbread cookie recipe, then you need to try these Cherry Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies!
More Delicious Shortbread Cookie Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dump the softened butter and confectioner's sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the ingredients together until smooth.
- Add the flour and corn starch to the bowl.
- Continue mixing with the electric mixer until a sticky dough forms.
- Add the chopped cherries and mini chocolate chips to the bowl and mix them into the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place them on a non stick baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between the balls.
- Use a fork to flatten the cookie dough balls.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the cookies until the tops look dry, not shiny and wet. 7-9 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and use a spatula to transfer the cookies to some parchment paper on the counter to cool off.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.