Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Bars are an easy cookie bar recipe perfect for Christmas or any other occasion.
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Bars are an easy shortbread recipe that does not require any chilling or rolling out of dough.
These tasty shortbread cookie bars are loaded with mini semi sweet chocolate chips.
This shortbread recipes takes about forty minutes from start to finish and produces one 10 x 15 inch pan of cookie bars.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these chocolate chip shortbread cookies, I started by dumping some softened butter and egg whites into a large mixing bowl.
I used an electric mixer to combine the butter and egg whites until no large lumps remained.
Then I added some icing sugar to the bowl.
I continued mixing with the electric mixer.
Then I added some all purpose flour and salt to the bowl.
I mixed with the electric mixer until a smooth dough formed.
Then I added some mini semi sweet chocolate chips to the bowl.
I stirred the chocolate chips into the dough.
Then I dumped the dough onto a greased 10 x 15 inch baking sheet.
I pressed the dough out evenly until it covered the entire pan.
Then I placed the pan in the oven and baked the shortbread cookie bars until the edges were golden brown and the entire top was very lightly browned.
I removed the pan from the oven and allowed the shortbread to cool a bit before slicing it.
These delicious shortbread cookie bars are the perfect holiday treat.
If you are looking for a new cookie recipe to add to your Christmas baking list, then you need to try these Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Bars!
More Easy Cookie Bar Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Dump softened butter and egg whites into a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients until no large lumps remain.
- Add the icing sugar to the bowl.
- Continue mixing with the electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl.
- Mix with the electric mixer until dough forms.
- Add the chocolate chips to the bowl.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Dump the cookie dough onto a greased 10 x 15 inch baking sheet.
- Press the dough out evenly to cover the entire pan.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake until the shortbread is golden brown around the edges and lightly browned all across the top. 23-26 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the shortbread to cool slightly before slicing.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.