Easy Beef Stroganoff is a delicious one pot dinner recipe loaded with steak strips, onions, mushrooms and egg noodles in a sour cream and beef gravy sauce.
Easy Beef Stroganoff is a simple stove top dinner recipe perfect for weeknights.
This creamy noodle dish loaded with steak, mushrooms and onions is a hearty meal perfect for cold weather.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This one pot beef stroganoff takes less than thirty minutes to make and serves four people.
To make this beef stroganoff, I started by adding a dab of margarine to a 5 quart pan over medium-high heat.
Then I added some sliced onions and mushrooms to the pan.
I cooked the onions and mushrooms until they were starting to brown.
Then I added some strips of sirloin steak to the pan.
I cooked the steak in the pan with the mushrooms and onions until just a little pink remained.
Then I added some water to the pan.
I added some uncooked egg noodles to the pan.
I stirred the noodles into the steak, mushroom and onion mixture and brought the liquid to a boil.
Then I placed a lid on the pan and left it to cook for 4 minutes.
After 4 minutes, I removed the lid and stirred the contents well.
Then I added some canned beef gravy, Heinz 57 sauce, salt and pepper to the pan.
I stirred well and then left the dish to continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then I removed the pan from the heat and added some sour cream and dried chives to the pan.
I stirred until the sour cream was fully combined with the gravy to form a creamy sauce.
I served the beef stroganoff immediately.
These creamy noodles loaded with steak and mushrooms are a hearty meal perfect for fall.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious beef dinner recipe, then you need to try this Easy Beef Stroganoff.
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 10.5 oz canned beef gravy
- 1/4 cup Heinz 57 sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp dried chives
- Add a dab of margarine or butter to a 5 quart pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced onions and mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook the onions and mushrooms until they start to brown.
- Add the steak strips to the pan.
- Cook the steak until a little pink remains.
- Add the water to the pan.
- Add the egg noodles to the pan, stir well and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Once the liquid comes to a boil, cover the pan and continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes remove the lid and stir well.
- Add the beef gravy, Heinz 57 sauce, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Stir well.
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sour cream and dried chives to the pan.
- Stir well and serve immediately,
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.