Meatball Casserole with Biscuits is an easy dinner recipe made with frozen meatballs, Pillsbury Biscuits, red and green peppers and loaded with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Meatball Casserole with Biscuits is a delicious weeknight dinner recipe loaded with Italian style meatballs cooked with diced red and green peppers and marinara sauce.
This meatball casserole is topped with pieces of Pillsbury biscuit dough brushed with garlic margarine and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
This baked meatball dish takes only forty minutes from start to finish and serves six people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this meatball casserole, I started by dumping some diced onions, diced green peppers and diced red peppers into a 5 quart saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine.
I cooked the peppers and onions until the onions were translucent.
Then I added some marinara sauce and water to the pan.
I stirred well and then added some frozen Italian style meatballs to the pan.
I stirred until the meatballs were coated in sauce and then left them to cook for six minutes, stirring occasionally.
After six minutes I poured the meatball mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of the meatballs.
I opened a package of Pillsbury biscuits and cut each one into eight pieces.
I placed the pieces of biscuit dough on top of the cheese, spreading them out as evenly as possible.
Then I placed the dish in the oven and baked the casserole for twelve minutes.
After twelve minutes I removed the casserole from the oven and brushed some melted garlic margarine on top of the biscuit pieces.
Then I sprinkled some grated Parmesan over the biscuits.
Then I returned the dish to the oven and continued baking the casserole until the biscuits were nicely browned.
I allowed the casserole to sit for a few minutes before serving.
This cheesy meatball and biscuit casserole is sure to please the whole family.
If you are looking for a delicious recipe using frozen meatballs, then you need to try this Meatball Casserole with Biscuits!
More Recipes Using Pillsbury Biscuits…
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced large
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced large
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced large
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 24 oz frozen Italian style meatballs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 12 oz Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tbsp garlic butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dump diced onion, diced red peppers and diced green peppers into a 5 quart saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the marinara and water to the pan. Stir well.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the pan and stir until they are coated in sauce.
- Leave the meatballs to cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the meatball mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the meatballs.
- Open the package of biscuits and cut each one into 8 pieces.
- Place the pieces of biscuit dough on top of the cheese, spreading them out as evenly as possible.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake the casserole for 12 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and brush the melted garlic butter on to the biscuits.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan over the casserole.
- Return the dish to the oven and continue baking until the biscuits are nicely browned. 7-9 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.