These Bacon Cheeseburger Macaroni plates combine an entire meal into one dish per person.
Homemade macaroni and cheese loaded with ground beef and bacon, is poured into pie plates, surrounded by chunks of bread dough coated in garlic butter, and baked to perfection.
Pre-made bread dough is used to save time. I also used real bacon bits instead of cooking bacon.
I always buy the big bag of Great Value bacon bits at Walmart and keep them on hand in the fridge. They are super handy for throwing into quick recipes.
I started by cutting the dough into small cubes and placing the chunks around the sides of two greased pie plates. Then I covered the plates with plastic wrap and set them aside.
I put some macaroni on to boil and while it was cooking I browned the ground beef.
In a separate pot I prepared my cheese sauce and then added the macaroni, ground beef and bacon bits into the sauce.
I divided the macaroni evenly between the two pie plates and placed them in the oven to cook.
After five minutes I pulled them from the oven to spread garlic butter on the dough and then returned them to the oven.
Once the bread was nice and brown I removed them from the oven again and spread garlic bites with more garlic butter and sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese.
I allowed the dishes to sit for a few minutes before serving.
This hearty dish is a perfect meal to warm you up now that the cold weather is settling in.
Try these Personal Bacon Cheeseburger Macaroni Plates if you are looking for a fun dinner.
If you are looking for more easy dinner ideas check out Cheeseburger Casserole, Cajun Chicken and Biscuits Casserole and Shepherd’s Pie Sliders.
Bacon Cheeseburger Macaroni Plates
- 1 lb white bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- 1/4 cup garlic margarine spread
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut dough into approximately 1-inch cubes and place around sides of two greased 8-inch pie plates.
- Cover pie plates with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Boil macaroni until tender, approximately 7 minutes, and then drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, brown ground beef with a bit of butter or oil, in a frying pan on medium-high.
- Heat milk in a large saucepan on medium-high and stir in garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Bring sauce to a low boil.
- Dissolve corn starch in water and then add to the sauce stirring well.
- After a few minutes turn heat under sauce to low and add ground beef, bacon and macaroni to sauce.
- Pour the macaroni into the middle of both pie plates.
- Place plates in oven and bake.
- After five minutes remove plates from oven and spread 1/2 of the garlic butter over the bread bites reserving the other 1/2 for later.
- Return the dishes to the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes until bread is nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and spread remaining garlic butter over bread bites.
- Sprinkle parmesan over bread bites and macaroni.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.