Creamy Turkey Soup with Rice is a hearty soup recipe loaded with shredded turkey, peas, carrots and a long grain and wild rice blend.
Creamy Turkey Soup with Rice is a perfect fall comfort food recipe.
This hearty soup is a great way to use up your leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
This creamy turkey soup recipe takes less than forty minutes from start to finish and serves six people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this turkey rice soup, I started by melting some butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Once the butter was melted, I added some all-purpose flour to the pot and stirred it into the butter.
I let the flour cook for a few minutes until it was just starting to brown.
Then I added some condensed chicken broth to the pot and stirred it well to combine it with the flour mixture.
I also added some milk to the pot and stirred well again.
Then I added some cooked, shredded turkey to the pot as well as some long grain and wild rice.
I brought the soup to a boil and then immediately reduced the heat to medium-low.
I left the soup to simmer for twelve minutes, stirring occasionally so that the rice would not stick to the bottom of the pot.
Then I added some salt, pepper, sage, onion powder, canned peas and carrots to the soup and stirred well.
I continued cooking the soup over medium-low heat for another twelve minutes.
I checked to make sure the rice was tender before serving the soup.
This turkey soup is thick and creamy and packed with flavour.
If you are looking for a delicious way to use up some leftover turkey, you need to try this Creamy Turkey Soup with Rice.
More Easy Soup Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 6 cups milk
- 1/2 cup long grain and wild rice
- 2 cups turkey, cooked, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 8.5 oz canned peas and carrots
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the flour to the pot and stir it into the melted butter.
- Let the flour cook for a few minutes until it just starts to brown.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and stir it into the flour mixture.
- Add the milk to pot and stir well again.
- Add the rice and shredded turkey to the pot and stir.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then immediately reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Leave the soup to simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- After 12 minutes, add the salt, pepper, sage, onion powder, peas and carrots to the pot. Stir well.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 12 more minutes.
- Check some rice to make sure it is tender. If the rice is tender, serve immediately. If the rice is not tender, continue cooking until it is.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.