Easy Corn Chowder with Bacon is a hearty soup recipe perfect for cold weather.
This creamy soup is loaded with corn and real bacon bits.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this corn chowder, I started by adding some butter, diced onion and garlic puree to a large pot over medium-high heat.
I cooked the onions until they were translucent and then I added some flour to the pot.
I stirred everything together well and let the flour cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then I whisked in a can of chicken broth and some milk.
I brought the liquid to a boil, and then added some canned corn, cream style corn, real bacon bits, salt, pepper and chives to the pot.
I stirred all of the ingredients together and then reduced the heat to medium.
I left the soup to simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then the soup was ready to serve.
This creamy corn soup is packed with flavour.
If you are looking for some cold weather comfort food you need to try this Easy Corn Chowder with Bacon!
CLICK HERE to save this recipe to Pinterest!
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Easy Corn Chowder with Bacon
Easy Corn Chowder with Bacon is a hearty soup recipe perfect for cold weather. This creamy soup is loaded with corn and real bacon bits.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsbp garlic puree
- 1/4 cup flour
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 17.5 oz canned whole kernel corn, ( 2 x 8.75oz cans)
- 8.25 oz cream style corn
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- Dump butter, diced onions and garlic puree into a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to the pot and stir well. Leave flour to cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth to the pot and whisk well.
- Add milk and whisk again.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the canned corn, cream style corn, bacon bits, salt, pepper and chives to the pot. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium and leave soup to simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.