Instant Pot Ziti with Sausage and Ricotta is a delicious pressure cooker pasta recipe loaded with ground sausage, ricotta, and mozzarella all tossed in marinara sauce.
Instant Pot Ziti with Sausage and Ricotta is an easy Instant Pot pasta recipe.
This delicious pasta is tossed in a combination of marinara and ricotta and loaded with ground sausage meat and mozzarella cheese.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this Instant Pot ziti, I started by setting my Instant Pot to Saute Normal.
I added some ground pork sausage meat to the pot along with a dab of margarine.
I crumbled the sausage meat well while it was cooking.
Once the crumbled sausage meat was fully cooked, I drained the excess grease from the pan.
Then I added some condensed chicken broth and water to the pot with the sausage meat.
I added some uncooked ziti noodles and pressed them down gently into the liquid.
I placed the lid on the Instant Pot, turned the steam release handle to the sealing position and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 4 minutes.
Once the Instant Pot was done cooking, I immediately turned the steam release handle to the venting position and did a quick release.
Then I added some marinara sauce, ricotta cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to the pot.
I set the Instant Pot to Saute Less and stirred all of the ingredients together really well.
Then I left the pasta to continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
After 5 minutes, I turned off the Instant Pot and added some shredded mozzarella cheese to the pasta.
I stirred until the cheese was melted.
This creamy pasta is oozing with mozzarella and the ricotta adds great flavour and texture to the sauce.
This recipe was tested in an 8 Quart Instant Pot Duo and serves six people.
If you are looking for a delicious pasta recipe for your Instant Pot, then you need to try this Instant Pot Ziti with Sausage and Ricotta!
- Set Instant Pot to Saute Normal.
- Add the pork sausage meat to the pot along with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Cook the sausage meat and crumble it really well.
- Once the sausage is cooked, drain the grease from the pot.
- Add the chicken broth, water and ziti to the Instant Pot with the cooked sausage. Gently push the noodles down into the liquid.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the steam release handle to the sealing position and set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 4 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, immediately turn the steam release handle to the venting position and do a quick release.
- Add the marinara, ricotta, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute Less and stir all of the ingredients together really well.
- Leave the pasta to continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- After 5 minutes turn off the Instant Pot and add the shredded mozzarella. Stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!
*this recipe was tested in an 8 Quart Instant Pot Duo
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 674
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.