Sausage and Pancake Breakfast Casserole is an easy breakfast or brunch recipe loaded with ground sausage meat, hash brown potatoes and maple flavoured pancake batter.
Sausage and Pancake Breakfast Casserole is a hearty brunch dish made with pork sausage meat, frozen diced hash brown potatoes and Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete pancake mix.
This tasty breakfast casserole is perfect for holiday brunches.
This easy pancake casserole recipe takes about an hour from start to finish and serves six people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this breakfast casserole, I started by dumping some ground pork sausage meat into a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
I added some diced onions to the pan with the sausage meat.
I crumbled the sausage meat well as it cooked.
Once the sausage was fully cooked, I added some frozen diced hash brown potatoes to the pan.
I also added some salt, pepper and onion powder.
I stirred well and then left the mixture to continue cooking for three minutes.
Then I dumped the sausage and potato mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
I dumped some Aunt Jemima Complete Buttermilk pancake mix into a medium mixing bowl.
I added some water and maple extract to the bowl.
Then I whisked until no large lumps remained.
I poured the pancake batter over the potato and sausage mixture in the baking dish.
Then I placed the casserole in the oven and baked it until the pancake batter was golden brown on top.
I removed the dish from the oven and sliced and served the casserole immediately.
This sausage and pancake casserole is best served drizzled with maple syrup.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious breakfast or brunch recipe, then you need to try this Sausage and Pancake Breakfast Casserole!
More Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 4 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima Complete Buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp maple extract
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dump sausage meat into a large saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Add diced onions to the pan with the meat.
- Crumble the sausage meat well as it cooks.
- When the sausage meat is fully cooked, add the frozen hash brown potatoes to the pan.
- Add the salt, pepper and onion powder to the pan.
- Stir well and leave the mixture to continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes dump the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Dump the pancake mix, water and maple extract into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk until no large lumps remain.
- Pour the pancake batter over the potato and sausage mixture in the baking dish.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake until the pancake batter is golden brown across the top. 36-40 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.